Thursday, March 11, 2010

Things to Try: Mushroom Pasta & Chocolate Spread

I'm having a super-busy week, so I apologize for not posting more, but here are two things I tried this week that are awesome:

Whole Wheat Rotini with Mushrooms and Cannelini Beans












(picture from cookthink)


I made this for dinner last night and it was AMAZING.  Modifications: Barilla Piccolini wheel pasta instead of whole wheat rotini (love this stuff - the wheels remind me of being a kid!), no green onions (didn't have any), no jalapeno, and diced tomato instead of the paste or the crushed tomato.  I also added some garlic powder, and didn't add any parmesan - it tasted rich and delicious, so I didn't think it needed the cheese.


and...


Love Street Living Foods Chocolate Coconut Spread













(picture from Love Street)

 I got this as a free sample with an order a few weeks ago, and just ordered a jar this week.  This stuff is really, really delicious - you would definitely have no idea that it's raw and vegan.  This morning I had some with my oat bran (along with bananas and coconut), and it was one of the best breakfasts I've had in a while.


There you have it!  These should keep you busy until I come back from work hell this weekend.  I plan on writing a post on running gear, so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment