Thursday, January 21, 2010

Running update

Quick running update:

I have been sticking with the Couch to 5K plan, and it's been great! 

I told you about Week 4, and it's been going well.  I have been trying to add a little bit of incline or speed up for a while just to get some variety in, but right now I'm just happy that the current runs feel totally manageable.  I've done two of the three runs so far, and the next one is tomorrow morning.

Next week will be Week 5, and I'll be at Disney for two of the runs.  I'll be trying to get them in outside - gotta enjoy the nice weather while I can!  The plan is:

W5D1: warmup, run 5 min, walk 3 min, run 5 min, walk 3 min, run 5 min, cooldown
W5D2: warmup, run 8 min, walk 5 min, run 8 min
  (note - I may try doing 8/4/9 instead of 8/5/8, since this is where I tend to get tripped up a bit)
W5D3: warmup, run 20 min straight (!) - this one will be in Philly, and probably on the treadmill

Week 6 goes back to run/walk intervals for the first two days, which I think is a great idea - I need to ease into this whole "running a 5K without walking" thing :)

The two runs at Disney will be my first two of the plan running outside - hopefully that will be refreshing and not too hard.  More updates to come as my training progresses!

No comments:

Post a Comment