Friday, September 12, 2008

Best Recipe of the Week

When I am in the midst of a zillion things at once - right now, revising my first first-author paper, and prepping for a committee meeting, AND starting grant-writing class - I am always thankful for a good, simple recipe, and happy to not have to come up with my own ideas for cooking as well as at lab.

This one, Fusilli with Spinach and Asiago Cheese, was actually my effort at using up the end of my cherry tomatoes (which I'd used for a different pasta dish earlier), and also using up some of the large amount of spinach I still have in the freezer. It calls for fresh spinach, but I found that the frozen stuff was just fine - might be better with fresh, but who has time to go to the store in the middle of the week to pick up spinach?

Other substitutions I made were: gemelli instead of fusilli, and the Kraft parmesan/asiago mix out of the green can(!). I know, I know - but it still tasted really good, and while I'd rather not have all the preservatives and excess salt, sometimes when it's crunch time at work you have to do what you can to make dinner fast and easy.

I don't have a picture today, but I promise more yummy recipes soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment